Central Auto, based in Antwerp, is a company active in technical distribution since 1945. The company is operative in the sales of MRO products (Maintenance, Repair & Operating Products. ) In short, all industrial supplies needed to keep a business running such as tools, fasteners, hydraulic hoses, pneumatic tools, ...
From two sites on the Noorderlaan and Italiëlei, Central Auto is active throughout Belgium.
Customers of Central Auto are the technical services of construction companies, manufacturing companies, logistics companies, transport companies and governments.
Despite the many changes and innovations in the last years, Central Auto is still a family group controlled by the three brothers Genbrugge: Luc, Dirk and Bruno.
The main strengths of Central Auto
- Diverse assortment and extensive stock
- Flexible administration and progressive computerization
- Technical expertise and logistical support
History of Central Auto
In 1945, Robert "Bob" Genbrugge founded Central Auto at the age of 24. From a townhouse in the popular neighborhood of Antwerp "The Seefhoek" he mainly imports car parts from the brand Hella.
After a few years, Central Auto moves in 1954 to the Italiëlei in Antwerp. Besides lighting and brakes, the range of parts and consumables increased.
In 1964, Central Auto starts with the distribution of hydraulic hoses and fittings, and focuses more on the industrial world.
A few years later there will be a further expansion of industrial supplies: fasteners and tools are an integral part of the group now.
In 1979 Central Auto starts with the distribution of air tools from Ingersoll-Rand. A few years later, they become the importer for Flanders. The division "Persluchtcentrum" is becoming a widely respected specialist in compressed air.
Due to the continued internal growth and several successful acquisitions over the years, Central Auto must accommodate its different divisions in larger venues.
A thorough renovation of the headquarters of the Italiëlei in 1990 with new warehouses and administrative offices gives Central Auto a new dynamic.
In 1995 the construction of an industrial establishment on Noorderlaan started. This complex contained a collection of warehouses, workshops and sales services.
In 2000, Central Auto takes on investments in a new computer platform to prepare the company for the latest trends in the field of information technology, such as e-business
On to 2015. The 70th anniversary. Throughout time, Central Auto has evolved from a shop for car parts into a respected industrial distribution group with a very wide variety of products and services.